One Million Degrees is thrilled to be growing our program by leaps and bounds. If you are a high school counselor, college advisor, educator, or community group leader working with students interested or enrolled in community college, please let your students know about the amazing supports provided by OMD.
The application for the 2019-20 academic year is NOW OPEN.
AS A REMINDER, ELIGIBLE STUDENTS MUST
- Be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2020
- Be Pell eligible (FAFSA) or be a STAR scholarship recipient
- Proof of demonstrated financial need will be required upon admittance
- Have a 2.0 GPA entering the OMD Program and maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout
- Be pursuing their first college degree or certificate
- Prospective Applicant: Apply online!
- Application opens Jan 21, 2019
- Application closes May 16, 2019
- Early application deadline: March 7, 2019
- Final application deadline: May 16, 2019
Because there are limited spaces available per campus, please encourage students to apply early!
- Decision Email Notification: Email notification will be sent in April 2019 for early deadline applicants and June 2019 for final deadline applicants.
- Provisional Acceptance: If accepted, students must complete each mandatory step in order to be fully onboarded into the OMD program.
- Submit proof of:
- Financial need (FAFSA OR income verification document)
- Registration for Fall 2020 at an OMD partner campus*
- Watch acceptance video and complete welcome questionnaire
- Complete Intake Meeting (one-on-one meeting with OMD staff member)
- Attend OMD Orientation (August 2019)
- Submit proof of:
- OMD Scholar: Once the student has successfully fulfilled provisional acceptance requirements, the student will officially become an OMD Scholar and the fun begins!
*OMD Partner Community Colleges: the seven City Colleges of Chicago, College of Lake County, Harper College, Prairie State College, and South Suburban College.
Want to learn more? Want to stay in the loop? Join our mailing list to receive all application-related communications and alerts for upcoming Referral Partner events. If you have any questions, please contact Kendall Kennedy, Recruitment Manager, at [email protected].