"With OMD, I was never on my own. I always had a resource."
-Domonique Wilkins, OMD Scholar
The OMD 2019-2020 Application Is Now Open
The application for the 2019-20 academic year is now open for the following partner colleges:
Harold Washington College, Richard J. Daley College, Kennedy-King College, Malcolm X College, Truman College, Olive Harvey College, Wilbur Wright College, Prairie State College, Harper College, South Suburban College
There are limited spaces available per campus, so students are encouraged to apply early!
Interested in seeing the OMD Program in action? Register for an OMD App Day, and attend a Saturday Development Session.
In order to be eligible for the program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2020
- Be Pell eligible (FASFA) or be a STAR Scholarship recipient
- Proof of demonstrated financial need will be required upon admittance
- Have a 2.0 GPA entering the OMD Program
- Be pursuing their first college degree or certificate
- Can commit to attending professional development sessions once a month on a Saturday from 9am -12pm for the academic school year (Aug-May).
OMD Application Process
- Apply Online!
- Application Opens Jan 21, 2019
- Early application deadline: March 7, 2019
- Final application deadline: May 16, 2019
- Decision Email Notification: Email notification will be sent in April 2019 for early deadline applicants and June 2019 for final deadline applicants.
- Provisional Acceptance: If accepted, students must complete each of the following steps to be fully admitted into the OMD program.
- Submit proof of:
- Financial need (FAFSA OR income verification document)
- Registration for Fall 2020 at an OMD partner campus*
- Watch acceptance video and complete welcome questionnaire
- Complete Intake Meeting (one-on-one meeting with OMD staff member)
- Attend OMD Orientation (August 2019)
- Submit proof of:
- OMD Scholar: Once the student has successfully fulfilled provisional acceptance requirements, the student will officially become an OMD Scholar and the fun begins!
One Million Degrees partners with the following colleges*:
City Colleges of Chicago: Harold Washington College, Richard J. Daley College, Kennedy-King College, Malcolm X College, Truman College, Olive Harvey College, Wilbur Wright College
Suburban Colleges: Harper College, Prairie State College, South Suburban College
*Students attending Prairie State and South Suburban College must be a resident or voucher recipient of the Housing Authority of Cook County
If you have questions about the application process, please email [email protected] for more information or join our mailing list below to stay connected.