"With OMD, I was never on my own. I always had a resource."
-Domonique Wilkins, OMD Scholar
The 2017-2018 OMD Application is currently closed.
2018-2019 application opening soon!
Please carefully read the requirements below to ensure you are eligible to apply for the 2018-2019 program year.
- Be enrolled or plan to be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2019
- Be eligible for (and eventually receive) Pell or STAR Scholarship
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Be pursuing your first college degree
*OMD Partner Community Colleges: the seven City Colleges of Chicago, Harper College, Prairie State College, and South Suburban College.
Students who applied for the 2016-2017 or 2017-2018 program year are not eligible to re-apply.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. APPLY! The 2018-2019 OMD application will be opening soon. Stay tuned to this webpage for updates.
2. If selected to become an OMD Scholar, students will be required to attend a mandatory intake meeting and meet all terms of the provisional admissions period, including providing proof of their Pell award OR Chicago Star Scholarship.
- If you have not yet completed the FAFSA for 2017-2018, please do so here: https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Click here for more information on the Chicago Star Scholarship.
3. Once all steps of the Provisional Admissions period are complete, scholars will be officially welcomed to the One Million Degrees program!
If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or join our mailing list below to receive updates on the application opening timeline.