"With OMD, I was never on my own. I always had a resource."
-Domonique Wilkins, OMD Scholar
- Be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2017
- Be Pell or Star scholarship eligible
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA entering the OMD Program and maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout
- Be pursuing your first college degree
to fully complete the application:
1) Apply to the OMD Program: the application deadline has been extended for graduating high school seniors until Friday, June 24.
2) You must provide a copy of your transcripts unless you are a current Harper College (HC), Kennedy-King College (KKC) or Olive-Harvey College (OHC) student. If you are a current HC, KKC or OHC student, we will receive your academic information from the college administration and you DO NOT need to submit your transcripts to OMD. Learn how to submit your transcripts to OMD.
- Graduating high school seniors should submit high school transcripts.
- Applicants with a high school diploma enrolling in college for the first time should submit high school transcripts.
- Applicants who completed the GED and are enrolling in college for the first time should submit a copy of their transcripts from their GED program.
- Applicants with some college experience should submit a transcript from their most recent college. If your most recent college is a City College of Chicago, College of Lake County, Harper College, Prairie State College, or South Suburban College, you may submit a copy of your enrollment history and cumulative GPA found on your student portal.
3) If you are selected to become an OMD Scholar, you will be required to attend a mandatory acceptance meeting and meet all terms of the provisional admissions period over the summer before you are considered fully admitted to the OMD Program. You will be required to submit your Student Aid Report to OMD and provide proof of Pell or Star Scholarship Eligibility. If you have not yet completed the FAFSA for 2016-2017, please do so here: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact list so One Million Degrees emails do not go to your junk mail.
*OMD Partner Community Colleges: the seven City Colleges of Chicago, College of Lake County, Harper College, Prairie State College, and South Suburban College.
Please note, College of Lake County applicants should not use this online application. Visit clcillinois.academicworks.com to apply. For more information regarding College of Lake County applications, contact Chris Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org