"With OMD, I was never on my own. I always had a resource."
-Domonique Wilkins, OMD Scholar
Please carefully read the requirements below to ensure you are eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled or plan to be enrolled full-time at an OMD Partner Community College* and graduate no earlier than Spring 2018
- Be eligible for (and eventually receive) Pell or STAR Scholarship
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Be pursuing your first college degree
*OMD Partner Community Colleges: the seven City Colleges of Chicago, College of Lake County, Harper College, Prairie State College, and South Suburban College.
Students who applied for the 2016-2017 program year are not eligible to re-apply.
Final Round Deadline: May 16
Note: College of Lake County applicants should not use this online application. Visit clcillinois.academicworks.com to apply. For more information regarding College of Lake County applications, contact Amy Onan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Students interested in applying to the HACC's Promise Scholarship at Prairie State College, apply here.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
2. If selected to become an OMD Scholar, students will be required to attend a mandatory intake meeting and meet all terms of the provisional admissions period, including submitting transcripts and the Student Aid Report or STAR Scholarship award to verify Pell or STAR Scholarship eligibility. If you have not yet completed the FAFSA for 2017-2018, please do so here: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
3. Once all steps of the Provisional Admissions period are complete, scholars will be officially welcomed to the One Million Degrees program!
Remember to add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so One Million Degrees emails do not go to your junk mail.
If you have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com for more information or join our mailing list below to stay connected.